[hpct] HPCT: Do we need a call?

David Klepacki klepacki at us.ibm.com
Wed Nov 5 13:12:47 CST 2008

Yes, I think the remaining issues can be settled or at least progress via
email.  So, let's cancel.

David Klepacki
Manager, Advanced Computing Technology
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center

             I-hsin
             Chung/Watson/IBM
             11/05/08 01:07 PM         "Vitali A. Morozov"
                                       <morozov at anl.gov>
                                                                        cc
                                       David Klepacki/Watson/IBM at IBMUS,
                                       HPCT Mailing list
                                       <hpct at alcf.anl.gov>,
                                       hpct-bounces at lists.alcf.anl.gov,
                                       Kalyan Kumaran <kumaran at anl.gov>
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [hpct] HPCT: Do we need a call?
                                       (Document link: David Klepacki)

Hello,

I suggest let's cancel this call.

Thanks,
I-Hsin

  From:       "Vitali A. Morozov" <morozov at anl.gov>

  To:         David Klepacki/Watson/IBM at IBMUS, Kalyan Kumaran <kumaran at anl.gov>

  Date:       11/05/2008 12:10 PM

  Subject:    [hpct] HPCT: Do we need a call?

Dear David and Kumar;

We were scheduled to have a call tomorrow, Nov 6, 10:00 am CST.

In fact, we would like to have an update on the issues, which we have
left. Luckily, I-Hsin's visit has cleared most of them, and therefore,
this list is very short. So, if you, David and Kumar, think these issues
can be solved by routine fashion, we could save time and cancel the call.

The list of issues:

1) MPI_trace. We have a problem with instrumentation Fortran programs.
Debugging information is unavailable.
2) MPI_trace. We have a problem with instrumentation C++ programs,
compiled with any level of optimization. Debugging information is
unavailable.
    "No optimization" flag makes the program instrumented correctly.
3) Xprofiler. We have a problem with Double FPU instructions being not
shown in disassembly window.
4) Xprofiler. We have a problem with assembly-written function being not
disassembled.
5) We want to know the parameters of "-pg" profiling, particularly, we
want to know how to modify the sampling interval.

The test suite is located on surveyor:~morozov/HPCT-TestSuite

Thanks,

Vitali