[hpct] Example of HPM usage

Christoph Pospiech Christoph.Pospiech at de.ibm.com
Thu Sep 4 11:29:38 CDT 2008

On Thursday 04 September 2008 16:40:07 Vitali A. Morozov wrote:
> Second problem: your hpm installation does not correspond to ours: if I
> link against -L/bgsys/local/ihpct-2.2.2/lib -llicense -lhpm, I will get
> unresolved dlopen and dlsym symbols.

Vitali,

this needs to be followed up. When I ran the examples at Juelich, I had only
unpacked the tarball that was identical to the one shipped to ANL (so I was
told), added the examples directory and ran the commands as documented in my
post.

If the /bgsys/local/ihpct-2.2.2 directory contents are the same, the
difference must be somewhere else. Now that you (hopefully) received the
tarball with the examples, could you please do me a favor and rerun exactly
the same commands as printed in the post ? If it still breaks, I guess we
have to compare OS versions between Juelich and ANL.

....or, I (admittedly) didn't specify -ldl - and it still worked in Juelich.
So the linker must have been able to find dlopen, dlclose and dlsym
regardless. Perhaps someone issued an appropriate ldconfig command ? Could
you please run the following command and on your front end and compare the
output ?

[pospiech at jugene2 ~]$ /sbin/ldconfig --print-cache | grep libdl
        libdl.so.2 (libc6,64bit, OS ABI: Linux 2.6.4) => /lib64/libdl.so.2
        libdl.so.2 (libc6, OS ABI: Linux 2.6.4) => /lib/libdl.so.2
        libdl.so (libc6,64bit, OS ABI: Linux 2.6.4) => /usr/lib64/libdl.so
        libdl.so (libc6, OS ABI: Linux 2.6.4) => /usr/lib/libdl.so

--

Mit freundlichen Gruessen/Best Regards

Dr. Christoph Pospiech
High Performance & Parallel Computing
Advanced Computing Technology Center
Phone +49-351-86269826, eMail: Christoph.Pospiech at de.ibm.com
Mobile +49-171 765 5871

IBM Deutschland GmbH
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Erich Clementi
Geschäftsführung: Martin Jetter (Vorsitzender), Christian Diedrich,
Christoph Grandpierre, Matthias Hartmann, Thomas Fell, Michael Diemer
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Stuttgart
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 14562 WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 99369940