[intrepid-notify] Extended Intrepid Maintenance August 17-21

Jini Ramprakash jini at alcf.anl.gov
Fri Aug 7 12:54:24 CDT 2009

As was announced on July 24th, we are planning an extended maintenance
period for Intrepid and Eureka during the month of August.  We are
currently targeting performing this maintenance on Intrepid and Eureka
during the week of August 17th through 21st.  There will be no access to
the login nodes during this entire time.  This maintenance will not
affect Surveyor or Gadzooks, and their access and job schedules will
continue as usual.

During this time, the operating systems on the login nodes and other
Blue Gene support machines will have service pack patches applied and
our network vendors will perform maintenance on our switches.  This work
will not require changes to or recompilation of your code.

If you have serious concerns about this or you feel it will impact your
ability to meet a deadline, please contact your catalyst or us directly
at support at alcf.anl.gov