[intrepid-notify] Intrepid Fully Restored to Service

William Scullin wscullin at alcf.anl.gov
Thu Feb 12 02:03:41 CST 2009

Dear Users,

We're pleased to announce that Intrepid has been fully returned to
service as of 1:50 a.m USCST on February 12, 2009. We replaced a link
card and cable which had been causing trouble during large boots and
possibly with torus performance. It also uncovered a possible bug in
the control system, confusing free and unfree block status. We are
collecting data and working with IBM to resolve the issue. We thank
you for you patience. Please contact us at support at alcf.anl.gov with
any questions, comments, or concerns.

Best,

The ALCF Support Team