[intrepid-notify] Intrepid Driver Change to V1R3M0

William Scullin wscullin at alcf.anl.gov
Fri Feb 13 19:35:27 CST 2009

Dear Users,

On Monday, 16 February 2009, we'll be officially switching Intrepid,
our 40 rack system, to the latest Blue Gene /P driver, V1R3M0, with
eFixes 001-008 and 011. This environment has run stably on Surveyor at
the same patch level for the last few weeks and recent testing on
Intrepid during maintenance shows it to be ready for general use.

The queues will not drain themselves of existing jobs before the new
driver will be put into place. Jobs in queue at the end of maintenance
on Monday will run under the new driver. While many people have
successfully run code compiled against V1R2M0 under V1R3M0, we do not
guarantee that code compiled for the previous driver will continue to
work under V1R3M0.

It is highly recommended that you recompile your code to take
advantage of new features and fixes available in the new driver before
running any application. Applications previously compiled against
V1R3M0 should at the very least be relinked to take advantage of MPI
and library fixes in eFixes applies since the original driver
installation. Applications and libraries recompiled to work with
V1R3M0 will be available in /soft/apps/V1R3M0/.

For more information about driver V1R3M0, please see:

https://wiki.alcf.anl.gov/index.php/BGP_Driver_Information#Driver_V1R3M0

At the time of this e-mail, two login nodes have been set up to allow
you to compile or relink with the new driver:

  login8.intrepid.alcf.anl.gov
  login10.intrepid.alcf.anl.gov

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact the
ALCF Support Team at support at alcf.anl.gov. Thank you and we apologize
for any inconvenience.

Best,

The ALCF Support Team