[intrepid-notify] V1R4M1 Driver Upgrade Scheduled Monday, 8 April 2010

William Scullin wscullin at alcf.anl.gov
Thu Apr 1 14:16:05 CDT 2010

Dear Users,

On Monday, 8 April 2010, we'll be upgrading Intrepid, to the latest
Blue Gene /P driver, V1R4M1, with all available eFixes.
Simultaneously, we'll be changing the IBM compilers and
libraries to default to the latest PTF. The queues will not drain
themselves of existing jobs before the new driver will be put into
place. Jobs in queue at the close of business on Monday will be run
under the new driver.

While experience has shown that applications compiled with previous
versions of the Blue Gene /P driver do not break following driver
upgrades, we do not guarantee that code compiled for previous drivers
will continue to work under V1R4M1. It is highly recommended that you
recompile your code to take advantage of new features and fixes
available in the new driver before running any application. LCF
supported applications and libraries compiled against V1R4M1 will be
in /soft/apps/V1R4M1/ as they become available.

For more information about driver V1R4M1, please see:

https://wiki.alcf.anl.gov/index.php/BGP_Driver_Information#Driver_V1R4M1

Please contact us at support at alcf.anl.gov with any questions,
comments, or concerns.

Best,