[intrepid-notify] Short down time tomorrow morning, Thursday October 14th @ 10:30

William (Bill) E. Allcock allcock at alcf.anl.gov
Wed Oct 13 17:35:27 CDT 2010

A bug has been discovered in Cobalt which is preventing it from
automatically freeing blocks from script jobs that use the -nofree
option.  This is causing significant loss of core hours and blocking
larger jobs from running.  We are going to place a reservation for
10:30 tomorrow morning to drain the machine and prevent new jobs from
running, at which point we will take the machine down to patch,
restart, and test cobalt.  We expect this to take 1-2 hours.

If you have any questions or concerns, please send email to support at alcf.anl.gov

The ALCF Support Team