[intrepid-notify] ALCF Weekly Updates - February 17, 2011

support at alcf.anl.gov support at alcf.anl.gov
Thu Feb 17 15:31:40 CST 2011

***Was it Published?***
If you've recently published a journal article, book, chapter, technical report, or conference proceeding about research that used ALCF resources, please let us know. Quarterly, we submit a list of these publications to the Department of Energy. We also include them in the "Publications" area of the ALCF website. Please forward the title, authors, publication source, publisher, and month/year of publication to support at alcf.anl.gov.

*** /home filesystems Near Capacity ***
The /home filesystems on Surveyor and Intrepid are near capacity. Please delete data you no longer need, and/or move data you don't need immediate access to out of /home. For help transferring or archiving data, please contact support at alcf.anl.gov.

***Your Help with /scratch ***
The /scratch directories on the Blue Gene logins, particularly Intrepid's, are quite full. Please delete anything in /scratch that you no longer need. For help transferring or archiving data, please contact support at alcf.anl.gov.

***Regularly Scheduled Maintenance***
Routine maintenance is scheduled to begin at 9 a.m. CST (15:00 UTC) Monday, February 21. Please watch the notify list for projected and actual release times.

***Important Dates***
March 7 - Routine maintenance
March 8-11 - Gordon Bell Workshop (please contact us immediately if you may be interested in attending) support at alcf.anl.gov
March 21 - INCITE Proposal Writing Webinar: details coming soon.
April 1 - Gordon Bell abstracts due: http://sc11.supercomputing.org/?pg=awards.html
April 1 - SC11 paper abstracts due: http://sc11.supercomputing.org/?pg=dates.html
April 8 - SC11 panel proposals due: http://sc11.supercomputing.org/?pg=dates.html
April 13 - INCITE proposal submission period begins: http://www.doeleadershipcomputing.org/