[intrepid-notify] Intrepid / Eureka System Status

William E. Allcock allcock at alcf.anl.gov
Sun Jan 9 21:46:45 CST 2011

It now appears that the login nodes have been affected as well, so they also will not be available until after tomorrows maintenance is completed.

Again, our apologies for any inconvenience.

Bill
On Jan 9, 2011, at 9:17 PM, William E. Allcock wrote:

> Queueing, job submission, and execution will remain down until after tomorrows regularly scheduled maintenance.  The login nodes remain available.
>
> We apologize for any inconvenience.
>
> The ALCF Support Team
>
> On Jan 9, 2011, at 5:30 PM, William Scullin wrote:
>
>> Due to issues with the queuing system, job submission, execution, and
>> management are unavailable on Intrepid at this time. We do not
>> currently have an ETA for the restoration of service. The login nodes
>> are still open and further notice will be sent as we know more.
>>
>> - Tha ALCF Support Team

William (Bill) E. Allcock
allcock at alcf.anl.gov
Office 1123, Bldg 240
9700 S. Cass Ave
Argonne, IL 60439
Office:  630-252-7573
Fax:      630-252-6585
Cell:     630-854-2842

The test of courage comes when we are in the minority.
The test of tolerance comes when we are in the majority.
  - Ralph W. Sockman