[intrepid-notify] Register Now for ALCF's Scaling Workshop - "Leap to Petascale"

ALCF User Services support at alcf.anl.gov
Tue Apr 24 14:08:44 CDT 2012

Scale your applications and gain access to Blue Gene/Q hardware at the ALCF’s “Leap to Petascale: Making the Move to Mira” Workshop

May 22 - 25, 2012
Argonne National Laboratory
TCS Building 240, Room 1416

Mark your calendars and plan to attend Leap to Petascale: Making the Move to Mira—a scaling workshop especially tailored for current INCITE, ALCC, and Discretionary projects that have already run on multiple racks of Intrepid.

Installation of Mira, the ALCF’s 10-petaflops Blue Gene/Q, is currently under way. As a result, this year’s workshop will focus on issues of scaling to this next-generation system. Participants will be given special access to our Blue Gene/Q Test and Development (T&D) rack throughout the event. Leap to Petascale is timed to coincide with efforts of teams preparing to submit 2013 INCITE proposals.

A significant portion of workshop time will be reserved for hands-on tuning of applications with one-on-one assistance from our performance engineers and computational scientists. Special system reservations will provide participants with the opportunity for full-scale runs on Intrepid and the T&D system. For more information or to register, please visit: http://www.alcf.anl.gov/workshops/l2p-workshop.

Please note: Foreign nationals should register promptly to allow for additional processing time of documents required to gain access to the laboratory.

Preparing for INCITE 2013

The Argonne Leadership Computing Facility (ALCF) is pleased to announce the first open call for proposals for 2013 compute hours on Mira, our 10-petaflops Blue Gene/Q supercomputer. A full sixty percent of Mira’s resources will be allocated through the INCITE Program, and the open call for proposals is April 11 through June 27, 2012.

INCITE at the ALCF »