[intrepid-notify] ALCF Weekly Updates - August 9

ALCF User Services support at alcf.anl.gov
Thu Aug 9 17:10:52 CDT 2012

*** Performance Tools: Darshan  ***
Darshan is a scalable HPC I/O characterization tool available in ALCF
systems and is automatically enabled in applications compiled using the
default MPI wrappers. When a Darshan-enabled job successfully completes,
it generates a single output file containing the I/O characterization
results. Visit http://www.alcf.anl.gov/resource-guides/darshan to learn
how to generate a pdf or text file containing summary graphs of your
application I/O behavior.

*** Change to FAQs ***
We have integrated our FAQs into the Intrepid/Challenger/Surveyor Guide
on the ALCF website. All bookmarked FAQs will be redirected to their new
location. For example:
http://www.alcf.anl.gov/resource-guides/faqs-queuing-and-running

*** /intrepid-fs0 Near Capacity ***
The /intrepid-fs0 filesystem, used by Intrepid, Challenger, and Eureka,
is near capacity. Please remove any unneeded data, or transfer it
offsite, or to tape archive (and then delete it). Keep in mind that
performance suffers when the filesystem is very full, and jobs cannot
run if the filesystem fills completely. Please contact
support at alcf.anl.gov for help transferring or archiving data.

***ALCF Acknowledgement Reminder ***
As an active Argonne Leadership Computing Facility (ALCF) user
conducting research on an ALCF resource, we request your continued
cooperation and compliance with the work acknowledgment policy
pertaining to your computing allocation award. For guidance on
acknowledgements, please refer to this policy page on our website:
http://www.alcf.anl.gov/resource-guides/alcf-acknowledgment-policy