[intrepid-notify] ALCF Weekly Updates - August 16

ALCF User Services support at alcf.anl.gov
Thu Aug 16 16:57:56 CDT 2012

*** Performance Tools: Darshan  ***
Darshan is a scalable HPC I/O characterization tool available in ALCF
systems and is automatically enabled in applications compiled using the
default MPI wrappers. When a Darshan-enabled job successfully completes,
it generates a single output file containing the I/O characterization
results. Visit http://www.alcf.anl.gov/resource-guides/darshan to learn
how to generate a pdf or text file containing summary graphs of your
application I/O behavior.

*** /intrepid-fs0 Near Capacity ***
The /intrepid-fs0 filesystem, used by Intrepid, Challenger, and Eureka,
is near capacity. Please remove any unneeded data, or transfer it
offsite, or to tape archive (and then delete it). Keep in mind that
performance suffers when the filesystem is very full, and jobs cannot
run if the filesystem fills completely. Please contact
support at alcf.anl.gov for help transferring or archiving data.