[intrepid-notify] UPDATE: fsck on intrepid-fs0 continues into next week, other hardware will be in maintenance on Monday

ALCF Support support at alcf.anl.gov
Fri Dec 14 19:31:37 CST 2012

The second pass of fsck has discovered some new errors on the
filesystem. These are distinct and new from the original set found in
the first check and repair sequence. We have been in communication with
our vendor on this new development. We will need to run fsck at least
one more time because it has made corrective changes.

On Monday, while the fsck is running on the intrepid-fs0 file system,
ALCF staff will also be servicing the rest of the intrepid hardware and
software that is not affected by the fsck. Per the recent maintenance
email, this is expected to start 15:00 UTC on Monday, Dec. 17 2012 and
complete 01:30 UTC on Tuesday, Dec. 18 2012.

Again, it is possible that we will need to run additional repair fsck's.
We are still looking at intrepid-fs0 being unavailable well into the
week. The file system will be returned to service as soon as we are
confident that it is completely repaired.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact your Catalyst
or the ALCF help desk (support at alcf.anl.gov).

Thank you,
ALCF Support