[intrepid-notify] ALCF Weekly Updates - June 7, 2012

ALCF User Services support at alcf.anl.gov
Thu Jun 7 18:15:20 CDT 2012

*** INCITE Applicants: Assess Your Computational Readiness for Mira ***
As you prepare your INCITE proposal, take a moment to review the list of Mira "computational readiness" questions we've posted on the ALCF website (see link in the right-hand column here: http://www.alcf.anl.gov/incite2013). While you're there, check out the "5 Tips & 5 Checks" article and view the video from our INCITE Proposal Writing Seminar for more helpful guidance (links located in the right-hand column, as well). INCITE proposals are due June 27, 2012.

*** Routine Maintenance Begins Monday: No Maintenance for Surveyor, Gadzooks ***
Intrepid, Challenger, and Eureka will have their regularly scheduled preventive maintenance period this coming week. For these systems, maintenance starts at 14:00 UTC on Monday, June 11, and is expected to end at 05:00 UTC on Tuesday, June 12. During this time, there will be no access to the login nodes and no jobs will be run on the systems. We will notify users when the work has been completed and the machines are again available for general use. Please email support at alcf.anl.gov with any questions or concerns.

Surveyor and Gadzooks will not have a planned maintenance period next week (originally scheduled for Monday, June 11, 2012).  The systems will be available for normal use that day.

*** Important Dates ***
June 27 - INCITE Open Call ends: https://hpc.science.doe.gov/allocations/calls/incite2013