[intrepid-notify] Argonne @ SC12 - November 14

ALCF User Services support at alcf.anl.gov
Wed Nov 14 10:31:29 CST 2012

Conference Papers
Several Argonne papers have been accepted in the SC12 Technical Papers program. A sampling of today's papers include:

Efficient Data Restructuring and Aggregation for IO Acceleration in PIDX
11:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Gordon Bell Finalist: The Universe at Extreme Scale – Multi-Petaflop Sky Simulation on the BG/Q
1:30 – 2 p.m.
Heuristic Static Load-Balancing Algorithm Applied to the                           Fragment Molecular Orbital Method
2:30 – 3 p.m.
complete list of papers >

Birds of a Feather
Conference attendees will have the opportunity to discuss current HPC topics with Argonne computer science experts. A sampling of today's BoFs include:

Unistack: Interoperable Community Runtime Environment for Exascale Systems
12:15 – 1:15 p.m.
HPC Centers BoF
5:30 - 7 p.m.
Power and Energy Measurement and Modeling on the Path to Exascale
5:30 – 7 p.m.
Critically Missing Pieces in Heterogeneous Accelerator Computing
5:30 – 7 p.m.
more BoFs >

Featured Science at ALCF

Simulations of Deflagration-to-Detonation Transition in Reactive Gases
Hydrogen is an abundant, environmentally friendly fuel with the potential to reduce our dependence on foreign oil, improve the environment, and boost our economy. Researchers led by Alexei Khokhlov of the University of Chicago are using ALCF supercomputing resources to understand how hydrogen transitions from burning to detonation, thereby furthering efforts to bring hydrogen fuel safely into our everyday lives.
read more >

New Globus Online Service

Globus Online Announces Big Data Sharing Service

New “Plus” Plan Enables Researchers to Securely Share Files Without Moving Them to Cloud Storage
more details >

Argonne @ IBM Booth

Argonne researchers are developing powerful tools and technologies that will advance the state of the art in extreme-scale computing. Stop by the IBM booth #1018 on the show floor for an update on our 16 Early Science Program projects and to see our newest science visualizations.

Visit our website for a complete line-up of all Argonne activities sc12.anl.gov.

Not attending SC12 this year? No problem. Please contact supercomputing at anl.gov for more information or to schedule an interview.