[intrepid-notify] ALCF Weekly Updates - September 6

ALCF User Services support at alcf.anl.gov
Thu Sep 6 22:43:06 CDT 2012

*** Reminder: ALCF Enforcing Quotas for Intrepid /home on September 17 ***
As of September 4, ALCF enabled quotas in /home on Intrepid, but is not
enforcing them. The following command will show your usage on Intrepid
in /home:

/usr/lpp/mmfs/bin/mmlsquota intrepid_home

On September 17 the default enforced quota will be 50GB in /home. Quota
enforcement means that if you exceed your quota limit in /home, you will
no longer be able to write files to the file system.

Like core hours, storage at the ALCF is a finite resource. By enacting
quotas, we are better able to manage the resources we have to support
your science.

For more information on quotas, please see
http://www.alcf.anl.gov/resource-guides/data-policy#space-limit-enforcement.

If you have questions, please refer to FAQs
(http://www.alcf.anl.gov/resource-guides/faqs-data-management), or
contact support at alcf.anl.gov.

We recognize there may be special circumstances where your needs will
exceed the standard quota limit. In these instances, please email
support at alcf.anl.gov with a requested amount, a brief description of the
type of files you need to locate there (executables, libraries), and how
storing the files in /home helps your efforts.