[intrepid-notify] Status update: Intrepid, Eureka, and Challenger returned to limited service

Tisha Stacey tstacey at alcf.anl.gov
Wed Apr 3 21:44:20 CDT 2013

Logins have been enabled to Intrepid, Eureka, and Challenger.  You have access to your home directory files and files on the PVFS filesystem (/intrepid-fs1) on all systems.  /intrepid-fs0 remains unavailable for now.

ON INTREPID ONLY, you are able to run jobs from the PVFS filesystem.  In order to do so, you must submit your job to a special queue (Q.pvfsruns) and use the pvfs-enabled kernel:

    qsub -q Q.pvfsruns --kernel pvfs -n <node count> -t <walltime> -A \
    <project> [any other options] <executable>

You may continue to submit jobs to the default queue (on Intrepid only), but they will not run until /intrepid-fs0 is restored to service.  Queues on Eureka and Challenger remain closed for now.

Our first scan of /intrepid-fs0 completed earlier today, and we have started filesystem repairs.  Our current best-case estimate is that we will be able to return /intrepid-fs0 to service at the end of maintenance on Monday (April 8).  This is only an initial estimate, though, and may change.

If you have any comments or questions, please contact us at support at alcf.anl.gov.

Thank you,
The ALCF Support Team