[intrepid-notify] ALCF Weekly Updates | August 23, 2013

ALCF User Services support at alcf.anl.gov
Fri Aug 23 10:14:19 CDT 2013

*** Intrepid Wall-Clock Time Limit Increased to 24 Hours ***
The ALCF has increased the maximum wall-clock time limit on Intrepid for prod-capability and prod-bigrun from 12 hours to 24 hours. This is a permanent change to bring Intrepid policies in line with Mira's. We encourage users with capability jobs to take advantage of this change. Please contact support at alcf.anl.gov with any questions.

*** Routine Maintenance Monday ***
The Intrepid, Challenger, and Eureka systems will have regularly scheduled preventive maintenance period this coming week. It will start at 14:00 UTC on Monday, August 26, and is expected to end at 00:30 UTC on Tuesday, August 27. During maintenance, no jobs will be run on the systems. There may also be disruptions in filesystem access and in network access to the login nodes. Users will be notified when the work has been complete and the machines are available for general use. Please email support at alcf.anl.gov with any questions or concerns.

*** Allinea DDT Debugger Updated to 4.1-32477 ***
We have updated the Allinea DDT parallel debugger to version 4.1-32477 on all BG/P and BG/Q systems and have made it the default. We have also created a new default configuration file. Please see http://www.alcf.anl.gov/user-guides/allinea-ddt for instructions on starting up DDT. Please see http://www.allinea.com/products/support#changes for release notes.