[intrepid-notify] ALCF Weekly Updates | December 13, 2013

ALCF User Services support at alcf.anl.gov
Fri Dec 13 10:00:20 CST 2013

*** Your Feedback Requested: Annual User Survey ***
By now you should have received an email from survey at alcf.anl.gov inviting you to participate in our annual survey. Your feedback is critical in shaping our improvement efforts as we work to meet the evolving and varied needs of our users. The survey should take less than 20 minutes to complete. Responses are due by January 20, 2014. If you didn't receive a survey, or if you have questions, please email survey at alcf.anl.gov

*** 2014 ALCC Proposals Due Feb. 3 ***
The 2014 ASCR Leadership Computing Challenge (ALCC) Call for Proposals is now open. ALCC supports projects with an emphasis on high-risk, high-payoff simulations in areas directly related to the DOE mission. Proposals are due February 3, 2014. For details, see  science.energy.gov/ascr/facilities/alcc/alcc-application-details/

*** Register Now: "Getting Started" Videoconference ***
New to the ALCF or need a refresher? Register for a Getting Started videoconference. We'll present information on ALCF services and resources, technical details on the IBM Blue Gene/Q architecture, and guided assistance in porting and tuning applications on Mira. For dates and times, visit http://alcf.anl.gov/workshops/getting-started-videoconference-2014

*** No Maintenance on December 16 ***
Intrepid, Challenger, Surveyor, Eureka, and Gadzooks will not have maintenance on December 16. Systems will remain available for general use.

*** ALCF Holiday Closing ***
Argonne National Laboratory will be closed from Monday, December 23, 2013, through Wednesday, January 1, 2014. All ALCF systems will be on-line and accessible during the closure, but support will be unavailable. ALCF staff will monitor system status, but only limited repairs will be made until ANL reopens on Thursday, January 2, 2014. Non-critical tickets submitted during the holiday closure will be addressed when the laboratory re-opens. Please email support at alcf.anl.gov with any questions or concerns.