[intrepid-notify] ALCF Weekly Updates - Dec. 20, 2013

ALCF User Services support at alcf.anl.gov
Fri Dec 20 09:19:46 CST 2013

*** Intrepid Decommissioned on Dec. 31, 2013 ***
Queues and login nodes will be disabled on Intrepid, Challenger, and
Surveyor on December 31, 2013. The Eureka login nodes
(eureka.alcf.anl.gov) will remain online until March 31, 2014 to provide
access to Intrepid's file system.

*** ALCF Holiday Closing ***
Argonne National Laboratory will be closed from Monday, December 23,
2013, through Wednesday, January 1, 2014. All ALCF systems will be
online and accessible during the closure, but support will be
unavailable. ALCF staff will monitor system status, but only limited
repairs will be made until Argonne reopens on Thursday, January 2, 2014.
Non-critical tickets submitted during the holiday closure will be
addressed when the laboratory re-opens. Please email
support at alcf.anl.gov with any questions or concerns.

*** Your Feedback Requested: Annual User Survey ***
By now you should have received an email from survey at alcf.anl.gov
inviting you to participate in our annual survey. Your feedback is
critical in shaping our improvement efforts as we work to meet the
evolving and varied needs of our users. The survey should take less than
20 minutes to complete. Responses are due by January 20, 2014. If you
didn't receive a survey, or if you have questions, please email
survey at alcf.anl.gov

*** 2014 ALCC Proposals Due Feb. 3 ***
The 2014 ASCR Leadership Computing Challenge (ALCC) Call for Proposals
is now open. ALCC supports projects with an emphasis on high-risk,
high-payoff simulations in areas directly related to the DOE mission.
Proposals are due February 3, 2014. For details, see
science.energy.gov/ascr/facilities/alcc/alcc-application-details/

*** Register Now: "Getting Started" Videoconference ***
New to the ALCF or need a refresher? Register for a Getting Started
videoconference. We'll present information on ALCF services and
resources, technical details on the IBM Blue Gene/Q architecture, and
guided assistance in porting and tuning applications on Mira. For dates
and times, visit
http://alcf.anl.gov/workshops/getting-started-videoconference-2014