[intrepid-notify] UPDATE: Power recovered at intrepid, surveyor, and challenger building

ALCF Support support at alcf.anl.gov
Tue Mar 19 14:51:09 CDT 2013

ALCF Users,

On March 19 at 9:22 a.m., Argonne National Laboratory experienced a
power loss in the building that houses the Blue Gene/P systems
(Intrepid, Challenger, and Surveyor), Eureka, and Gadzooks.

Power was restored around 10:30 a.m., but the resources remain
unavailable to users as the ALCF Support Team is working to restore the
infrastructure systems. "Cold starts” can be time consuming, and we do
not have an exact time estimate as to the return of these systems.

We will provide an update on the availability of the systems as soon as
they are fully operational. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please
contact us with any questions or concerns at support at alcf.anl.gov.

Thank you,
ALCF Support Team