[intrepid-notify] ALCF Weekly Updates | November 22, 2013

ALCF User Services support at alcf.anl.gov
Fri Nov 22 10:38:12 CST 2013

*** HPSS Scheduled Maintenance Monday 11/25 ***
HPSS will be down for maintenance on Monday, November 25, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST. We will notify users when the maintenance is concluded and HPSS is again available. Please email support at alcf.anl.gov with any questions.

*** No Support November 28 and 29 per U.S. Thanksgiving Holiday ***
Thursday and Friday (November 28 and 29) are laboratory holidays in celebration of the U.S. Thanksgiving Holiday. Email sent to support at alcf.anl.gov and phone requests received those days will be responded to on Monday, December 2.

*** The .file-data File and How to Use It ***
On file systems as large as the ones used in the ALCF, some of the unix tools are not practical. For instance, du takes an excessively long time to run. To help address this problem, we have developed a system that scans the file system during system maintenance and produces a file, named .file-data, for each user on the system with a summary of their file data. For instructions on the format and how to use this file, please consult the following webpage: www.alcf.anl.gov/user-guides/file-data-file-and-how-use-it.