[Llvm-bgq-discuss] Details behind MPI wrapper for bgclang++

Jack Poulson jack.poulson at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 17:56:11 CST 2013

Hello All,

I am trying to run a C++11 code on BGQ and have been running into strange
sporadic segfaults with non-helpful stack traces. I started looking through
the details of the   driver /home/projects/llvm/mpi/clang/bin/mpicxx and
was surprised by the 31st line:
    prefix=/bgsys/drivers/ppcfloor/comm/gcc
When I look in the /bgsys/drivers/ppcfloor/comm folder, I notice that there
are directories for gcc and xl, but none for Clang. Is there some clear
explanation for this?

Thanks!
Jack