[Llvm-bgq-discuss] Patches for r176829-20130309 (the current vesta version)

Hal Finkel hfinkel at anl.gov
Fri Mar 29 18:20:08 CDT 2013

Hello everyone,

I've attached the patches for the currently-installed version on vesta (r176829-20130309). These apply to upstream revision r176829. This is the first released version to contain QPX autovectorization for single-precision values (in addition to many other improvements). I've also included the bgclang wrapper script and the libc++ build script (and the llvm build script and the exception_ptr.h wrapper header).

Another user-visible change to mention: You no longer need to explicitly include the qpxintrin.h header to use the IBM-style QPX intrinsics. This header is now automatically included for you.

For any of you doing first-time on-your-own installs (or anyone else), please feel free to ask questions about how all of this needs to be setup in practice.

Sincerely,
Hal

--
Hal Finkel