[Llvm-bgq-discuss] llvm-bgq

Chris Samuel samuel at unimelb.edu.au
Wed Apr 2 15:54:02 CDT 2014

Hi Hal,

On Wed, 2 Apr 2014 03:25:28 PM Hal Finkel wrote:

> Sorry, you're right. That looks fine. I did not read the errors with
> sufficient care.

Not a problem, took me a bit to figure out they should be getting included.

> Furthermore, I suspect you're correct about the relative
> link, on our systems ppcfloor is an absolute symlink like this:

Understood, after out BG/P experiences with a system dropped onto the floor
we decided to get our Power7 boxes up front and xCAT'd the installation of
the service node and I suspect that's one thing our postscripts do differently.

> Can you test this... edit the bgclang script and replace this line:
[...]
> and see if that fixes things.

That fixes up the MPI/PAMI/SPI side of things, great!

I still have these errors, are they meant to get resolved automatically?

[samuel at avoca-test Test]$ mpicc -O3 -o hello-bgclang hello.c
/usr/local/llvm/r203443-20140309/bin/clang: /lib64/libz.so.1: no version information available (required by /usr/local/llvm/r203443-20140309/bin/../lib/libLLVM-3.5.0svn.so)
/usr/local/llvm/r203443-20140309/bin/clang: /lib64/libz.so.1: no version information available (required by /usr/local/llvm/r203443-20140309/bin/../lib/libLLVM-3.5.0svn.so)
/usr/local/llvm/r203443-20140309/binutils/bin/as: /lib64/libz.so.1: no version information available (required by /usr/local/llvm/r203443-20140309/binutils/bin/as)
/usr/local/llvm/r203443-20140309/binutils/bin/ld: /lib64/libz.so.1: no version information available (required by /usr/local/llvm/r203443-20140309/binutils/bin/ld)
/usr/local/llvm/r203443-20140309/binutils/bin/ld: cannot find crtbeginT.o: No such file or directory
/usr/local/llvm/r203443-20140309/binutils/bin/ld: cannot find -lrt
/usr/local/llvm/r203443-20140309/binutils/bin/ld: cannot find -lpthread
/usr/local/llvm/r203443-20140309/binutils/bin/ld: cannot find -lstdc++
/usr/local/llvm/r203443-20140309/binutils/bin/ld: cannot find -lpthread
/usr/local/llvm/r203443-20140309/binutils/bin/ld: cannot find -lgcc
/usr/local/llvm/r203443-20140309/binutils/bin/ld: cannot find -lgcc_eh
/usr/local/llvm/r203443-20140309/binutils/bin/ld: cannot find -ldl
/usr/local/llvm/r203443-20140309/binutils/bin/ld: cannot find -lc
/usr/local/llvm/r203443-20140309/binutils/bin/ld: cannot find -lnss_files
/usr/local/llvm/r203443-20140309/binutils/bin/ld: cannot find -lnss_dns
/usr/local/llvm/r203443-20140309/binutils/bin/ld: cannot find -lresolv
/usr/local/llvm/r203443-20140309/binutils/bin/ld: cannot find -lm

I've got to go catch the train to work, back online later!

Thanks so much for taking the time to get back to me, really appreciated.

All the best,
Chris