[Llvm-bgq-discuss] bug report

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Thu Apr 10 07:46:21 CDT 2014

Hal,

I gave up trying to use the r201012-20140207 compiler as my results are just too dreadful, and decided to have another go with r203443-20140309, but I get link errors for std::exception related things.

I tried using -stdlib=libstdc++ to see if the lin errors went away, but instead I get a ton of compilation problems because we only have 4.4.6 toolchain installed on our machine and it can't cope it seems with  some of the c++0x
/bgsys/drivers/V1R2M1/ppc64/gnu-linux/powerpc64-bgq-linux/include/c++/4.4.6/

Do we need the gcc 4.7.2 toolchain, or should I be able to compile absolutely anything at all without it?

> Yep, sorry, I need to finish the rebase, and I've ended up being busy with
> other things. I expect it should come by Monday.

PS. If there's any news on this one, please say

thanks

JB