[Llvm-bgq-discuss] question about flags

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Tue Aug 26 08:27:07 CDT 2014

Hal

Linking. I see now that it produces the message when linking, so I will ignore it.

Unfortunately, the flags did not help me.
I've got a problem with this test
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/biddisco/cpptest/master/regex-recursion.cxx

which hangs after the first boost_check_throw, the first bad regex test does not throw and hangs indefinitely. Since it's a possibly stack related problem inside regex, I thought the stack related flags might help.

I'm using
-mcpu=a2 --std=c++11 -stdlib=libc++ -mno-qpx -mllvm -qpx-stack-unaligned -mllvm -ppc-always-use-base-pointer

but no joy yet.

Can you suggest any other stack related flags that I might experiment with, I'll be working my way through
clang++ --help | grep stack

to get ideas. But it does mean a lot of tedious boost recompilation.

gcc4.8.2 compiles the test and runs ok (also using -std=c++11 which I need for other reasons)
So far I've tried boost_1_55 and 1_56

ta

JB