[Llvm-bgq-discuss] question about flags

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Tue Aug 26 17:54:52 CDT 2014

Hal

I spent the rest of the day compiling clang and I’m quite surprised to say
that after considerable trial and error, I now have my regex test passing
with a freshly minted clang 3.6!

I had to cheat and use your libc++ from the latest bgclang release because
I didn’t realise that the libc++ was not compiled with clang itself, but
I’ve set a compilation going with the libc++ (and libc++ABI or whatever it
is). Once they’re done, then in principle I won’t need the bgclang stuff
and I’ll stop annoying you with these emails. I expect you’ll be sad about
that!

[Fear not though as I will still need to get stuff running on the compute
nodes, but at least in principle I can now compile the bgclang toolset
myself so I might even be able to help test your stuff before you release
it].

Thanks once more for all the help

JB