[Llvm-bgq-discuss] clang on BGQ performance

Hal Finkel hfinkel at anl.gov
Tue Mar 25 11:22:49 CDT 2014

There are a couple possible issues here, but since you're doing memory streaming with many threads, I suspect the software prefetching might be causing some issues. The prefetching heuristic was not tuned for running multiple hardware threads per core, and I'd not be surprised if it is problematic.

In the next build, I'll provide a way to turn it off, so it will be easy to test.

 -Hal