[Llvm-bgq-discuss] bgclang r209570-20140527 on vesta/mira

Hal Finkel hfinkel at anl.gov
Tue May 27 11:03:41 CDT 2014

Hello again,

I've updated our bgclang install on vesta and mira to r209570-20140527. This build is essentially the same as the last one, except for a fix to the remaining compiler crash reported by Phil Miller. However, in fixing this, I realized that the code quality for expressions like:
  a_bool ? a_vector4double : another_vector4double;
could be improved, and I implemented that improvement. As a result, the code generation changed for an entire class of expressions, not just the particular type of expression that caused the crash that Phil reported. To make it easier to isolate any regressions this might cause, I've created a separate build.

For those maintaining their own installs, RPMs (and SRPMs) are available on the trac page: https://trac.alcf.anl.gov/projects/llvm-bgq.

Thanks again,
Hal

--