[Llvm-bgq-discuss] New bgclang nighty builds (and other updates)

Schlottke, Michael m.schlottke at fz-juelich.de
Fri Mar 20 05:44:27 CDT 2015

Hi everyone,

First of all, thanks a lot Hal, for the continued development of bclang and the maintenance of the easy-to-install RPMs. Unfortunately, linking does not seem to work with r232720-20150319 and our code on JUQEEN:

Linking CXX executable zfs
/bgsys/local/clang/r232720-20150319/r232720-20150319/libc++/lib/libc++.a(exception.cpp.o):(.toc+0x0): undefined reference to `vtable for std::nested_exception'
/bgsys/local/clang/r232720-20150319/r232720-20150319/binutils/bin/ld: /bgsys/drivers/V1R2M2/ppc64/gnu-linux/powerpc64-bgq-linux/lib/libc.a(clone.o): In function `__clone':
(.text+0x98): call to `_exit' lacks nop, can't restore toc; recompile with -fPIC/bgsys/local/clang/r232720-20150319/r232720-20150319/binutils/bin/ld: final link failed: Bad value

Any idea what the source of the problem could be? The only change we made is to switch from r220548-20141024 to the current nightly build.

Regards,

Michael

P.S.: At JSC we use a set of install scripts to download and install the newest bgclang version. I finally got around to putting them on GitHub, so if anyone is interested, have a look at https://github.com/sloede/install-bgq. Please note that while the scripts should work on any BG/Q installation, they are only tested on JUQUEEN so far.

--
Michael Schlottke

SimLab Highly Scalable Fluids & Solids Engineering
Jülich Supercomputing Centre (JSC)
Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH
52425 Jülich
Germany