[Llvm-bgq-discuss] r263589-20160316 - A new nightly build!

Hal Finkel hfinkel at anl.gov
Wed Mar 16 22:06:37 CDT 2016

Hi everyone,

After an unfortunate nearly-6-month hiatus, I'm happy to report that the bgclang nightly builds are flowing again. A brief summary of what's new:

  0. 6-months of upstream improvements and bug fixes
  1. The Clang OpenMP implementation is now based on the upstream code (not on Intel's old github OpenMP branch) -- it should now be more stable.
  2. Newer bundled versions of binutils (2.26) and gdb (7.11)
  3. As a result of (2) (and (0)), link-time optimization now works better than it did before (enable by using -flto).
  4. The OpenMP runtime library contains some fixes allowing OMP_WAIT_POLICY ACTIVE to work.
  5. The MPI wrappers should no longer add bogus include paths, and the driver no longer adds host include/library paths (/usr/include, /usr/lib, etc.) -- these confused CMake and caused other problems.

and the bad news: BG/Q address-sanitizer support (which actually broke a long time ago) has been stripped out. I'll add it back in if/when I'm able to fix it.

Please try it out:
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~hfinkel/bgclang/#r263589-20160316 (as usual, installation instructions are at http://trac.alcf.anl.gov/projects/llvm-bgq).

Furthermore, please let me know if you find any problems.

Thanks again,
Hal

--
Hal Finkel