[Llvm-bgq-discuss] MPI3 in bgclang (r264155-20160323)

Rob Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Mar 31 09:30:34 CDT 2016

On 03/23/2016 10:31 AM, Hal Finkel wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Starting with today's nightly build, r264155-20160323, MPI v3 support is available with bgclang. Please try it out. The build is based on Rob Latham's MPICH-BlueGene fork (which is mostly mpich-3.1.4 plus BG/Q I/O work from mpich-3.2). This will give you, for example, an MPI_Fetch_and_op based on the underlying PAMI implementation.

If there are specific MPICH features you'd like in my branch, let me
know and I will see how hard it is to backport.  I/O things are fairly
easy to backport.  Anything that deals with the device layer will not be.

(the whole reason I'm stuck on summer 2015 is because device-level
changes landed on master and the pami device has not yet been updated
for those).

==rob