[surveyor-notify] Temporary Surveyor outage

Andrew Cherry acherry at alcf.anl.gov
Tue Dec 21 19:41:38 CST 2010

Surveyor users:

We have discovered a critical bug in Cobalt that is preventing script
jobs from running on Surveyor.  Since a significant portion of the
jobs that are run on Surveyor are script jobs, we will need to take
unscheduled downtime at 8 PM CST tonight to revert to the previous
stable version.  During this time, jobs will not run on the system,
and queueing of new jobs will be temporarily disabled.  We expect the
downgrade to take no longer than an hour to complete.

Thank you for your patience, and we apologize for the inconvenience
and very short notice.

ALCF Support