[surveyor-notify] ALCF Weekly Updates - January 4, 2013

ALCF User Services support at alcf.anl.gov
Fri Jan 4 13:40:24 CST 2013

*** Routine System Maintenance Scheduled ***
The Intrepid, Challenger, Eureka and Surveyor and Gadzooks systems will have their regularly scheduled preventive maintenance period this coming week. Maintenance will start at 15:00 UTC on Monday, January 7, and is expected to end at 01:30 UTC on Tuesday, January 8. During maintenance, no jobs will be run on the systems, there may be disruptions in filesystem access and there may be disruptions in network access to the login nodes. We will notify users when the work has been completed and the machines are again available for general use. Please send any comments or questions to support at alcf.anl.gov.

*** Join the Mira Community Conference - March 4-8, 2013 ***
http://www.alcf.anl.gov/mira-community-conference
Registration is now open for the ALCF's Mira Community Conference. Join ALCF and industry experts in this week-long event where you'll learn about Blue Gene/Q architecture, key differences between Mira and Intrepid, and how to optimize your science on the ALCF's newest resource. Our earliest Blue Gene/Q users will share their stories, insights and time-saving tips with you. Plus, you'll have the opportunity to build the community of users through the Blue Gene Consortium.

*** Register Now: "Getting Started" Videoconference - Sessions on January 17, 18, 24, 25 ***
http://www.alcf.anl.gov/workshops/getting-started-videoconference
New to the ALCF or looking for an Intrepid refresher? Join one of our 3-hour "Getting Started" virtual workshops this January. ALCF experts will cover services and resources, technical details about Intrepid, our IBM Blue Gene/P, and provide guided assistance in porting and tuning applications to the Blue Gene/P architecture. "Getting Started" videoconferences will be offered eight times for your convenience--but participation per session is limited, so register for your preferred date and time today!