[intrepid-notify] Intrepid - 32 rack scheduling

Robert Scott scott at alcf.anl.gov
Fri Aug 1 16:11:25 CDT 2008

 From August 1st-August 10th the non-production 32-racks of Intrepid
will be made primarily available for INCITE proposal preparation of
large-scale application runs.   Every 12-hours, at 8am and 8pm, the
queues will reset to start scheduling largest jobs first.  This will
prevent long jobs from running because we want to ensure tests for
proposals.

Because of the same hardware problem impacting the production 8-racks,
we cannot provide a 32-rack or 16-rack torus until the earliest
Tuesday, August 5th.  We know this will impact some users.  Monday
maintenance will be focused on resolving this issue.

Details:

Queue: prod-bigrun
Start: Friday, August 1st  8:00 AM
End  : Monday, August 11th 8:00 AM (pre-preventative maintenance)

Job restrictions: We ask users using this resource be good citizens
and limit the length of 32-rack and 16-rack jobs to 6-hours in the
queue at any one time.  Depending on queue turn over, we might adjust
this request for good citizenship through the week.

Please note,  6 hours of 32-rack jobs is 786,000 CPU-hours.  If you
are concerned about your allocation running out due to these tests,
email support.

The ALCF Support Team