[intrepid-notify] New reservation policy for production Intrepid system

Tisha Stacey tstacey at alcf.anl.gov
Tue Sep 16 12:07:52 CDT 2008

In order to manage reservations more fairly and schedule them more
efficiently on the production Intrepid system, we will be instituting a
new reservation policy effective beginning next Monday, September 22,
2008.

Under the new policy, we will require you to request Intrepid
reservations five business days in advance of your requested reservation
start time.  (Reservation requests for the Surveyor system do not fall
under this requirement; however, the more lead time you can provide us,
the better we'll be able to manage the time on Surveyor as well.)  Also,
all reservation requests must include the following information:

  Machine (Surveyor, Intrepid production, or Intrepid restricted access/
  early science)

  Job information
    Total number of jobs to be run
    Total amount of data generated during reservation
    For each job:
       - node count (Note: not processor count)
       - run time
       - does this job depend on any other jobs to finish before it can
	 start?

  Length of reservation

  Associated project name
  List of user names that would run in this reservation

  How soon will you be ready to run?
  Any time requirements (day, night, weekends, etc.)?
  Do you have a deadline to meet?  Date?  Please give details.

  Short description of the goals for this run
    (E.g., We are doing a scaling run of code XXXX to determine YYY, or
     Part of our ongoing computational campaign to compute XXX)

This information can also be found on the ALCF web site at
https://wiki.alcf.anl.gov/index.php/Queuing#Reservations
(The wiki uses a self-signed certificate, so your browser may present
you with a security message.)

If you have any comments or questions about the new reservation policy,
please feel free to contact us at support at alcf.anl.gov.

Thank you,
ALCF Support Team