[intrepid-notify] GPFS issues

Andrew Cherry acherry at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Sep 25 10:16:22 CDT 2008

Intrepid users-

We're encountering some GPFS issues on Intrepid that we're working
through.  At the moment, the situation seems to have stabilized with
the exception of login5.intrepid.  I would like to leave this login
node as-is until our primary GPFS admin arrives later this morning so
he can collect more data on the situation.  If you are currently using
login5, or you end up on login5, you may want to try again to get a
different login node (or explicitly log in to one of the others using
the full hostname, e.g. login1.intrepid.alcf.anl.gov).

Thanks, and we'll keep you updated.  Be aware that we will probably
need to reboot login5 at some point in the near future.

Andrew Cherry
ALCF Support