[intrepid-notify] Intrepid Driver Upgrade

Andrew Cherry acherry at alcf.anl.gov
Tue Jan 20 10:31:58 CST 2009

One quick note to anyone who is recompiling their applications prior
to the driver upgrade: if you have additional paths defined  in your
Makefiles that reference /bgsys/drivers/ppcfloor, you may need to
temporarily change the "/bgsys/drivers/ppcfloor" references to "/bgsys/
drivers/V1R3M0_460_2008-081112P/ppc" in order to get the additional
paths from the right driver.  If you do this, I'd recommend that you
change the references back to "ppcfloor" when you're done with your
compilation, since the driver-neutral path is usually the preferred
one to use.

The above change is only necessary if you compile your code ahead of
time before the driver has been switched over.  If you perform your
compilations tonight after the switchover is complete, you shouldn't
need to make any modifications to your makefiles or build scripts.

Andrew Cherry
ALCF Support