[intrepid-notify] Intrepid Driver Upgrade

Andrew Cherry acherry at alcf.anl.gov
Wed Jan 21 00:44:28 CST 2009

Dear Users,

We have run into several issues after upgrading the driver on Intrepid
to V1R3M0 (sporadic boot failures along with some other issues
uncovered by our test code).  At this point, it is not clear if the
problems are all necessarily related to the driver upgrade.  Since
it's getting late, we're not expecting to come to a complete
resolution tonight.  We will continue to keep the system reserved into
tomorrow until we can determine the causes of the problems we're
seeing, and will keep you updated on the situation.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.  Thank you for
your patience.  Please contact support at alcf.anl.gov if you have any
further questions.

Andrew Cherry
ALCF Support