[intrepid-notify] Home filesystem issues on Intrepid and Eureka

Jini Ramprakash jini at alcf.anl.gov
Tue Jun 1 17:07:29 CDT 2010

Dear Users,

We are currently experiencing some issues on the home file system on
Intrepid and Eureka.

The home file system at /gpfs/home is full and we are working on freeing
up space right now.  The queues were halted to new jobs, though running
jobs were not killed.

Measures are being taken to restore free space, but we request your
assistance:  If you have files that you're not actively using from your
home directory, we request that you move them to the
/intrepid-fs0/users/[your username]/persistent directory.

If you require assistance in moving your files to their new location,
please contact support at alcf.anl.gov.  We appreciate your assistance in
restoring free space for all users of the system.

We currently do not have an estimated time for when the system will be
back to normal, but we will send out a notice as soon as we have
everything back to normal.

As always, please contact us at support at alcf.anl.gov for any questions
or concerns. We apologize for the inconvenience.

--
Thanks & Regards,
The ALCF Support Team