[intrepid-notify] Authentication service interruption, Fri., 3-Sept-2010, 20:00 U.S. Central Time

Tisha Stacey tstacey at alcf.anl.gov
Wed Sep 1 17:33:14 CDT 2010

The server that provides Cryptocard authentication for ALCF resources will be taken offline for a brief period this Friday evening.

    Downtime starts:  8:00 p.m. U.S. Central Time, Friday, 3-Sept-2010
    Downtime ends:  9:00 p.m. U.S. Central Time, Friday, 3-Sept-2010

During this time, you will not be able to initiate any new login sessions using Cryptocard authentication.  Cryptocard authentication is required on Intrepid, and may be used to log in to Surveyor by those who have not set up ssh key authentication.  Existing login sessions on Intrepid and Surveyor will not be affected.  New logins to Surveyor using ssh keys will work normally.

We apologize for the inconvenience, but the maintenance performed during this downtime represents a significant improvement in our authentication infrastructure.  As always, if you have any comments or questions, please contact us at support at alcf.anl.gov.

Thank you,
The ALCF Support Team