[intrepid-notify] UPDATE: Work on restoring intrepid-fs0 continues

ALCF Support support at alcf.anl.gov
Fri Dec 7 18:13:48 CST 2012

The current fsck scan is running much faster than previous attempts.
Over the next week these are the steps we plan to take:

1. Complete a full fsck in scan mode (determine what the problems are,
but don't fix them).
2. Copy the identified problem files (our current estimate is 30 files)
to another file system so that they can be reviewed by the file owners.
3. Run fsck in repair mode (fix the problems), repeating until the file
system is reported clean.

We will contact the owners of the "problem files" directly to request
they determine if these files are actually corrupt.

Based on the fsck runtimes to date, we estimate steps 2 and 3 will take
a minimum of a week. It is impossible to know definitively, however, as
we do not know how long the repair-mode fsck will take, nor how many
times it will have to be run to get a cleaned file system.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and are working to resolve this
issue as quickly as possible. If you have any questions please don't
hesitate to contact your Catalyst or the ALCF help desk
(support at alcf.anl.gov).

Thank you,
ALCF Support