[intrepid-notify] Argonne @ SC12

ALCF User Services support at alcf.anl.gov
Mon Nov 12 13:18:31 CST 2012

Starting today, we will send you a daily update of all Argonne-related activities at SC12 in Salt Lake City.

Argonne researchers are developing powerful tools and technologies that will propel extreme-scale computing in the coming decade. Check the Argonne SC12 website for the complete schedule of presentations, posters, panels, and papers.

Gordon Bell Finalist
The Gordon Bell Prize is awarded each year to recognize outstanding achievement in high performance computing. This year Salman Habib's team's paper, "The Universe at Extreme Scale: Multi-Petaflop Sky Simulation on the BG/Q," earned a finalist designation for the ACM Gordon Bell Prize and will be included in the Gordon Bell Prize sessions at SC12.
more details >

Selected Conference Papers
Several Argonne papers have been accepted in the SC12 Technical Papers program. Here are a select few that will be presented this year:

Dataflow-Driven GPU Performance Projection for Multi-Kernel Transformations
Heuristic Static Load-Balancing Algorithm Applied to the                           Fragment Molecular Orbital Method
Efficient Data Restructuring and Aggregation for IO Acceleration in PIDX
complete paper list>

Conference Posters & Visualization Showcase
Check out our posters and visualizations on display throughout the duration of the conference. Poster and visualization presentations are on Tuesday from 5:15 - 7 PM.
more details >

Featured Science at ALCF

Simulations performed at the ALCF are revealing the atomistic mechanisms that control stress-induced corrosion within nuclear reactors—which is key to
understanding the phenomenon, and ultimately, to developing new technologies to prevent it.
more details >

Argonne researchers are developing powerful tools and technologies that will advance the state of the art in extreme-scale computing. Stop by the IBM booth, #1018, on the show floor, to get an update on our 16 Early Science Program projects and see our new science visualizations.

Visit our website for a complete line-up of all Argonne activities sc12.anl.gov.

Not attending SC12 this year? No problem. Please contact supercomputing at anl.gov for more information or to schedule an interview.