[intrepid-notify] Argonne @ SC12 - November 16

Chel Heinzel chel at alcf.anl.gov
Fri Nov 16 11:31:18 CST 2012

Panels & Workshops
Several Argonne papers have been accepted in the SC12 Technical Papers program. A sampling of today's papers include:

Python for High Performance and Scientific Computing (PyHPC2012)
8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Sustainable HPC Cloud Computing 2012
8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Questions: Rhetorically Volleying the Terabit Network Ball on the HPC Court
10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.

Featured Science at ALCF

High-Fidelity Simulation of Complex Suspension Flow for Practical Rheometry
Highly versatile and stone-like in strength, concrete is the most widely used fabricated building material. Accessing the resources of the ALCF through an INCITE award, William George with the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) is researching the flow of concrete to improve its workability and to reduce the impact of concrete production on the environment.

more details >
New Globus Online Service

Globus Online Announces Big Data Sharing Service

New “Plus” Plan Enables Researchers to Securely Share Files Without Moving Them to Cloud Storage
more details >

Argonne @ IBM Booth

Argonne researchers are developing powerful tools and technologies that will advance the state of the art in extreme-scale computing. Stop by the IBM booth #1018 on the show floor, to get an update on our 16 Early Science Program projects and see our new science visualizations.

Visit our website for a complete line-up of all Argonne activities sc12.anl.gov.

Not attending SC12 this year? No problem. Please contact supercomputing at anl.gov for more information or to schedule an interview.