[intrepid-notify] ALCF Weekly Updates - Jan. 17, 2014

ALCF User Services support at alcf.anl.gov
Fri Jan 17 09:54:54 CST 2014

*** Network Upgrade to Disrupt Data Transfers on Monday ***
As part of routine maintenance on Monday, Jan. 20, a network upgrade
will disrupt data transfers. Ongoing transfers using Globus Online will
be restarted automatically. But transfers using other services will have
to be restarted by users when the maintenance period is complete. If you
have any questions or concerns, please contact support at alcf.anl.gov.

*** Argonne Phone and Voicemail Outage This Evening ***
As a result of scheduled IT maintenance on Friday, Jan. 17, Argonne
telephone systems will be down from 5-6 p.m. CST, and voicemail will be
unavailable from 6-8 p.m. CST.

*** 2014 ALCC Proposals Due Feb. 3 ***
The 2014 ASCR Leadership Computing Challenge (ALCC) Call for Proposals
is now open. ALCC supports projects with an emphasis on high-risk,
high-payoff simulations in areas directly related to the DOE mission.
Proposals are due February 3, 2014. For details, see
science.energy.gov/ascr/facilities/alcc/alcc-application-details/

*** CiSE Special Issue: Final Call for Papers ***
A special issue of IEEE Computing in Science & Engineering (CiSE)
magazine will explore how leadership computing is being effectively used
to support real-world science and engineering applications. The
submission deadline is Jan. 24, 2014. For more information, visit
computer.org/portal/web/computingnow/cscfp5

*** Annual User Survey: Responses Due Monday ***
By now you should have received an email from survey at alcf.anl.gov
inviting you to participate in our annual survey. Your feedback is
critical in shaping our improvement efforts as we work to meet the
evolving and varied needs of our users. The survey should take less than
20 minutes to complete. Responses are due by Monday, Jan. 20, 2014. If
you didn't receive a survey, or if you have questions, please email
survey at alcf.anl.gov.