[intrepid-notify] ALCF Weekly Updates for January 24, 2014

ALCF User Services support at alcf.anl.gov
Fri Jan 24 13:16:32 CST 2014

*** Intrepid Decommissioning Information ***
The Intrepid and Challenger login nodes are no longer accessible and the queues have been permanently disabled. To access, archive, transfer or delete your data, you must log into eureka.alcf.anl.gov and act before March 31, 2014, when the file systems will be disabled. For more information, visit alcf.anl.gov/user-guides/bgp-decommissioning

*** Annual User Survey: Responses Due Monday ***
By now you should have received an email from survey at alcf.anl.gov inviting you to participate in our annual survey. Your feedback is critical in shaping our improvement efforts as we work to meet the evolving and varied needs of our users. The survey should take less than 20 minutes to complete. Responses are due by Monday, January 27. If you didn't receive a survey, or if you have questions, please email survey at alcf.anl.gov

*** Request for Information ***
We invite prospective INCITE 2015 proposal authors to respond to our Request for Information (RFI) to inform the INCITE management of the proposal topics anticipated. To submit an RFI, please visit:http://hpc.science.doe.gov/allocations/incite

*** Tukey Available for Data Analysis and Visualization ***
Tukey is a 96-node visualization cluster available to ALCF users for performing visualization and data analysis tasks on data computed on Mira. Tukey has 64GB of RAM and two NVIDIA Tesla M2070 GPUs per node. It also shares a file system with Mira, so data does not need to be moved in order to do analysis. For more information, visit www.alcf.anl.gov/user-guides/tukey

*** Accepting Applications for the Margaret Butler Fellowship ***
A new fellowship at the ALCF provides an opportunity to work at the forefront of high-performance computing. We invite outstanding postdoctoral candidate to apply for the fellowship. The application deadline is February 28, 2014. For details, visit alcf.anl.gov/margaret-butler-fellowship-computational-science

*** 2014 ALCC Proposals Due February 3 ***
The 2014 ASCR Leadership Computing Challenge (ALCC) Call for Proposals is now open. ALCC supports projects with an emphasis on high-risk, high-payoff simulations in areas directly related to the DOE mission. Proposals are due February 3, 2014. For details, see science.energy.gov/ascr/facilities/alcc/alcc-application-details/

*** CiSE Special Issue: Deadline Today ***
A special issue of IEEE Computing in Science & Engineering (CiSE) magazine will explore how leadership computing is being effectively used to support real-world science and engineering applications. The submission deadline is today (January 24). For more information, visit computer.org/portal/web/computingnow/cscfp5