[Llvm-bgq-discuss] Hitting assertion during compilation

Hal Finkel hfinkel at anl.gov
Tue Aug 27 19:03:19 CDT 2013

Dan, et al.,

Thanks for the test case. There has been some upstream work to enable the "fast instruction selector" for PowerPC; this is apparently not playing well with something here, and I've updated the wrapper scripts to disable it. This is only used at -O0, so you're compiling without any optimizations enabled (if you were getting miscompiles in the past, you should try again with the new build).

There is an updated (v2) archive on the trac page for those with their own installs: https://trac.alcf.anl.gov/projects/llvm-bgq

 -Hal