[Llvm-bgq-discuss] QPX clang BGQ

Hal Finkel hfinkel at anl.gov
Fri May 10 03:07:19 CDT 2013

Rich, et al.,

I've found the fast-math bug (which actually was not fast-math specific*, but was almost always triggered by the Newton-iteration-based QPX division code that is now generated in fast-math mode). I've fixed this issue in my local repository, and also rebased to pick up some upstream bug fixes that could affect us. vesta has been updated with the new version. Unfortunately, my standard testing has revealed a new upstream bug. I've filed a bug report (PR15952), and as soon as that is fixed, I'll rebase again and make a new release.

(*) The problem was specifically that there was an incorrect optimization pattern for qvfnmsub[s].

Thanks again,
Hal