[Llvm-bgq-discuss] missing debugging symbols

Hal Finkel hfinkel at anl.gov
Sat Aug 9 22:26:07 CDT 2014

----- Original Message -----

bgclang generates DWARF that only recent versions of gdb can understand. I really need to package up a version for bgclang (with the QPX patches), but I've not done that yet. Aside from QPX support, a stock gdb will work (I have one in /home/hfinkel/install/gdb/bin/gdb on vesta, and you're welcome to use that if convenient). Packaging a recent gdb with bgclang is on my TODO list for the next bgclang release which should be coming within the next two weeks.

Thanks again,
Hal

--
Hal Finkel